About database security, most companies report a false sense of security with no control.
About database security, most companies report a false sense of security with no control. "Our study highlights a glaring lack of focus and communication regarding data security in todays organizations," said Thom VanHorn, Vice President Global Marketing, Application Security, Inc. "This shortfall in the delivery of proper data security best practices translates directly into vulnerable systems, lost dollars and customer distrust."
Key findings in the report include:
- 54% say database is out of their control
- 57% have no idea of the impact or cost of a data breach
- 66% say production data is sent outside the organization
- 20% say they monitor privileged access
- 55% say they have an inadequate security budget