The Transparent Data Encryption feature of Oracle Advanced Security for Oracle Database 11g Release 2 is now even speedier.
The Transparent Data Encryption feature of Oracle Advanced Security for Oracle Database 11g Release 2 is now even speedier while running on Intel Xeon 5600 series processor-based servers with Intel Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (AES-NI), as shown by recent benchmarks comparing it running on Intel Xeon X5560 processor without AES-NI. With the combination of Oracle Database 11g and Transparent Data Encryption:
- The cost of encrypting all sensitive information is lowered
- Data is automatically encrypted as it is written or read from disk
- Data security is quickly and easily deployed through Oracle Enterprise Managers Grid Control interface
- Key management is built-in and includes the option to store master keys elsewhere
- And help in database security compliance with privacy and regulatory mandates, and breach notification laws