- For the bulging database market controlled by Oracle, IBM, and Microsoft there is no change expected as they will continue to controll
- Oracle will keep its promises for the EU in regards to MySQL direction
- Postgress will become more popular as many will still worry about MySQL's future
- Specialist database systems from vendors like Aster Data, Mark Logic, and Streambase will gnaw of on the edges of the market
- New database-as-a-service cloud offerings will commoditize the core
- The NoSQL movement will continue to gather steam for those frustrated traditional RDBMS or high pricing practices
The trends seen by Entrepreneur Corner for 2010 seem somewhat of a given if you're on top of the database market. No surprises but worth remembering.
Looking into the future, for 2010, Entrepreneur Corner gives us a brief synopsis of what to look for in the database market: