Julian is a Principal Consultant with Triton Consulting, and has over 22 years relational database experience working in a number of clients within the insurance, telecommunications, banking, financial services and manufacturing sectors. In that time he has gained a significant amount of practical knowledge in many aspects of the IBM Information Management portfolio, including experience in application programming, Database Administration, technical architecture, performance tuning and systems programming.
Julian is an IBM Redbook author and IDUG Best Speaker, and has lectured widely on DB2 subjects, UK, Europe and US. This includes presentations for the International DB2 Users Group (IDUG), Candle Performance Seminars, , BMC Seminars, and European GUIDE meetings. He is also a regular teacher for IBM throughout Europe.
In 1999 Julian was invited to join the IBM Gold Consultants programme, used to recognize the contributions and influence of the world's 100 leading database consultants. In May 2008, Julian was recognized as one of IBM's inaugural Data Champions - a program to recognize individuals for outstanding contributions to the data management community.
Julian joined the IDUG Board of directors in 2003 and is currently serving as the organization's Immediate Past President.
Last updated; 26/12/09
- Data in Memory
- PureScale Performance Proven
- Let's Do the Time Warp: Temporal Data Comes To IBM DB2
- IBM Shakes Up Data Warehousing Market
- Top 5 New DB2 10 for z/OS Features Aimed at SAP Applications
- IBM DB2 for z/OS V8: The End Is Nigh
- IBM DB2 pureScale: The Next Big Thing or a Solution Looking for a Problem?
- Top 10 IBM Information Management Trends
- Adding some zIIP to IBM DB2: What Can Speciality Processors Do for You?
- May Madness - Fascinating Acquisitions Surrounding IBM DB2 and Sybase
- A Perspective on Database Performance Tuning
- IBM DB2 10 for z/OS: Justifying the Upgrade