This sp can compare two tables with the same structure.
1. @TableA: Name of first table
2. @TableB: Name of second table
3. @ExcludeFields: Comma delimited list of column names that are insignificant in the table comparison for example audit fields, notes fields, etc.
4. @JoinFields: Comma delimited list of column names that would be used to join the two tables.
1 = Records that exist in A but not in B
2 = Records that exist in B but not in A
3 = Records that exist in both A and B but one or more columns compared have different values
4 = Records that exist in both A and B but all columns compared have same value
0 = (Default)Do all 4 comparisons
6. @debug: Set this parameter to 1 to see intermediate results
To see it work create this stored procedure in pubs database. Then create a duplicate of Titles table and call it Titles2. Add, delete and modify some records in the Titles2 table then compare the two tables using sp_compare as follows.
exec sp_Compare ''Titles'',''Titles2'',''Notes,PubDate'',''Title_Id'', 0
Author: Subhan P. Munshi
Disclaimer: We hope that the information on these script pages is
valuable to you. Your use of the information contained in these pages,
however, is at your sole risk. All information on these pages is provided
"as -is", without any warranty, whether express or implied, of its accuracy,
completeness, or fitness for a particular purpose...
Back to Database Journal Home