The database performance experts, Centerfield, launch HomeRun 7.0 that makes SQL tuning easier.
HomeRun version 7.0, a suite of application and database optimization tools for the i/OS platform from Centerfield, has been released. HomeRun contains components for performance monitoring, tuning, resource consumption, security, and auditing for users DB2/400 applications. HomeRun also includes AutoDBA, a built-in surrogate database administrator, which makes suggestions on complex DB2/400 performance issues, and provides wizards to guide users through applying suggested indexes. The updates to HomeRun 7.0s AutoDBA include:
- A changed Windows based GUI with a graphical grid for easier sorting of AutoDBAs advice
- Prioritized recommendations
- A shorter time span to the first index recommendations
- A changed policies and permissions filter for easier removal of unused indexes
- The use of Microsofts .NET technology for reporting
- The ability to export output to formats such as Excel, PDF, and Word
- And precise control over activities performed by AutoDBA.