- Easily managed database clusters which improve performance and allow economical, efficient scaling of data
- Advanced SQL routing and management to existing point-in-time-recover/warm standby, as well as multiple options for load-balancing SQL traffic across servers
- A management interface with built-in, automatic failover and simple procedures for on-line maintenance that works identically across different versions of PostgreSQL
- Integration with existing customer applications for database backup and restore, and monitoring
- Diagnostics and status of database copies which show cluster status in a single glance, enabling administrators to quickly spot failures and find solutions
New features from Tungsten provide support for advanced standby and replication features.
Continuent Tungsten now supports PostgreSQL 9 with new capabilities to support advanced hot standby and streaming replication, creating advanced data services for highly available data services from multiple PostgreSQL databases, and offering the processing power to scale economically and efficiently. Tungsten also provides: