What would you consider to be the worse breaches of 2009?
We all know that data breaches are getting worse and we should probably expect some interesting 2010 breaches as well. But what would you consider to be the worse breaches of 2009? For me, Heartland immediately comes to mind and interesting enough this was considered by Lisa Phifer, owner of Core Competence, a consulting firm focused on business use of emerging network and security technologies, to be the #1 breach as well.
Following is the top 10 list generated by Lisa Phifer. But please visit the full article to get the low-down on what each was specifically about:
- Los Alamos National Labs (LANL)
- Virginia Department of Health Professions (DHP)
- Network Solutions
- Arkansas Department of Information Systems
- Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS)
- National Archives and Records Administration
- Heartland Payment Systems